Jason R. Graves
Jason R. Graves
Jason is a lifelong resident of the Augusta area. After graduating from Westside High School, Jason obtained his Bachelor of Arts from Augusta State University (now Augusta University) in Political Science with a focus on legal studies. After obtaining his undergraduate degree, Jason attended the University of South Carolina School of Law before transferring and graduating cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law. At the time of his transfer, Jason was among the top 5% of his class at South Carolina. While at the University of Georgia, Jason was a published member of the Georgia Law Review, a member of Georgia's award-winning Moot Court Team, and the treasurer of UGA's student chapter of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Jason was also one of the original members of the University of Georgia's Appellate Litigation Clinic. The clinic provided Jason the unique opportunity to represent clients before the United States Courts of Appeals and the United States Board of Immigration Appeals.
Prior to attending law school, Jason was employed by the Augusta firm of Capers, Dunbar, Sanders & Bruckner, LLP (now Capers, Dunbar, Sanders & Bellotti, LLP), working in the areas of domestic and family law, medical malpractice, personal injury, estate litigation, real estate transactions, and eminent domain. After obtaining his law degree, Jason returned to Augusta to work with Burnside Wall, LLP assisting in the areas of medical malpractice, premises liability, business litigation, and personal injury. Jason then joined Rhodes Law Firm where he focused his practice on estate planning, wills and trusts, Medicaid and VA benefits, probate, guardianship/conservatorship, and elder law. Jason also occasionally serves as adjunct faculty for Augusta University teaching courses in American Government. Jason joined Shepard, Plunkett & Hamilton, LLP as Of Counsel in February of 2016.
Jason is licensed to practice in both Georgia and South Carolina. He lives in North Augusta with his wife Liz and two children, Christian and Connor.
- Georgia, 2012
- South Carolina, 2012
- Estate Planning (Wills and Trusts)
- Medicaid and VA Benefits Planning
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Estate Litigation
- Child Custody
- Modification of Prior Divorce/Alimony/Child Support Orders
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Augusta State University – B.A., Political Science
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- University of Georgia School of Law – J.D., cum laude
- Capers, Dunbar, Sanders & Bruckner, LLP – Augusta, Georgia
- Hamilton & Associates – Columbia, South Carolina
- Fleming & Nelson, LLP – Augusta, Georgia
- Burnside Wall, LLP – Augusta, Georgia
- Rhodes Law Firm, P.C. – Augusta, Georgia
Professional Associations and Other Affiliations
- Augusta Bar Association
- Augusta Estate Planning Council
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Augusta University –Adjunct Faculty
We can help,
Contact us today!
Fill out our convenient intake form below
or call one of our offices today.